As in the case of selling your car or used clothing, customers can sell their items to pawnshops. Compared to pawn loans, we can offer higher prices for your items since the buying prices can be determined based on the constantly changing market prices in real time. Hayashiya may not look as casual as large franchises or famous stores. However, since we are a privately operated shop, we are not required to pay large fixed expenses, such as labor costs or rent, and royalties. For this reason, we are able to raise the buying prices as much as possible for the benefit of our customers.
Information about Selling Your Items
Process of Buying Contract
■ Appraisal of items
When you bring an item to sell, we appraise the item, including the validity of the item for buying. In order to determine buying prices, we are always collecting the latest data of the bid prices in the major auctions in Japan and market prices of various product categories so that we can offer higher prices for your items.
- If the appraisal price does not meet your expectation, you can cancel the transaction.
- - Since we do not charge any fees for the appraisal service, feel free to visit our shop and use our services.
■ A form of identification is required for a buying contract.
When you agree on the offered buying price, we must ask you to show us a form of identification to confirm your identity.
- We are required to confirm your identity with a form of identification issued from a public institution. (driver’s license, passport, residence card, etc.)
- We do not accept “My-Number Card” as a form of identification.
- An expired form of identification cannot be used for identity confirmation.
- Anyone who is 18 years old or older (excluding high-school students) and not declared as an adult ward, incompetent, or quasi-incompetent is eligible for pawn loans.
- Under the organized crime exclusion ordinance of Gunma Prefecture, we do not conduct any transaction with people related to organized crime.
- Identity confirmation is not necessary for the second and following transactions. (If your name or address has been changed or few years have passed from your last transaction, reconfirmation of your identity is required.)
■ When the buying contract is finalized, we pay you the money on the spot.
When you finish filling out the required form, we will pay you the money in cash right away in exchange of the item. At the time of contract, please carefully consider whether you need a pawn loan (you still need the item) or you want to sell the item (you don’t need the item anymore).
- In accordance with the criteria of our shop, we may not be able to buy some items. Refer to “Items for Transactions” for details.
- The buying contracts can be concluded in the shop only.